U.S. Monetary Grant Eligibility Guidelines
Arbonne Charitable Foundation Mission Statement: The Arbonne Charitable Foundation’s mission is to provide support for programs and opportunities that promote the development of confidence and self-esteem in teenage girls and boys. Through product donations and monetary grants to tax-exempt organizations, and the volunteer efforts of Arbonne Angels, the Foundation supports charitable programs that empower the next generation.
To be eligible for an Arbonne Charitable Foundation Angels in Action Monetary Grant, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Have a mission consistent with the mission and goals of the Arbonne Charitable Foundation.
- Be a charitable organization currently recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (the “IRS”) as a public charity under sections 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”). Applicant may not have received notice or information that its IRS determination letter has been revoked, modified, suspended or superseded by IRS action.
- Have a reputation for credibility and integrity
- Serve teens (ages 12- 17) within the Unites States of America
- Must be sponsored by an Arbonne employee or an Arbonne Independent Consultant who either: (1) has attained the title of Regional Vice President or above; or (2) is endorsed by a Regional Vice President or above.
Areas of Exclusion:
IRS Regulations prohibit the use of Arbonne Charitable Foundation grant proceeds to acquire Arbonne products. Any application which proposes the use of grant proceedings to acquire Arbonne products will not be accepted. If you are interested in applying for a grant for Arbonne products please apply for the Arbonne Charitable Foundation Product Donation Grant via the Common Grant Application website here.
Additionally, because the Foundation’s funds are limited, each grant application is carefully evaluated to determine whether it meets the organization’s grant criteria. Applications that do not meet these criteria are not likely to receive grant support. To further clarify what types of applications are appropriate, the listing below describes areas that the Foundation does not support.
- Stand-alone sponsorships, competitions, walks, athletic events, and tournaments etc.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political activities, causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns including direct or grass roots lobbying
- Grants to individuals in any form including, but not limited to, sponsorship of an individual or team, scholarships, tuition, medical costs, etc.
- Ongoing operating costs including staff costs/salaries, existing organizational overhead, etc.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, religion or sexual orientation.
The Arbonne Charitable Foundation utilizes an online grant management system to manage grant applications. Form request letters, emails or sponsorship packets do not constitute or in any way replace the online grant procedure.
- Angels in Action Online Grant Application. Applicants interested in seeking a monetary grant must submit an Angels in Action Monetary Grant Application located here via the Common Grant Application website.
- Required Documents. In addition to the Angels in Action Monetary Grant Application, Applicants must electronically submit copies of:
- IRS letter of determination indicating 501(c)(3) status
- Audited financials or a copy of 990 form
- Listing of Board of Directors
- Projected budget of the use for the requested funding (if applicable)
- Letter of endorsement from an Arbonne employee or an Arbonne Independent Consultant with the title of Regional Vice President or above
- Grant Amount. Grants typically range from $500 – $5,000. Larger or smaller grants are at the discretion of The Arbonne Charitable Foundation’s Board of Directors based on the merits of the project.
- Grant Cycles and Request Submissions
- Grant Cycles and Request Submissions. Grant cycles will run as outlined below, applications will be evaluated at the close of each cycle and notifications will follow per the timeframes listed below:
- Grant Cycles
- November 1 – April 30
- Notifications will take place in June*
- Funding will take place in July
- May 1 – October 31
- Notifications will take place in December*
- Funding will take place in December
- Review. The Arbonne Charitable Foundation grant request will not be eligible for review until (1) the Grant Application is completed and submitted; and (2) all additional required documents are submitted. If the required application and documents are submitted by the deadline of a cycle, the Arbonne Charitable Foundation will review the application at the close of that cycle. If an organization submits the required form and documents after the deadline, the application will be reviewed at the close of the following cycle.
- Eligibility. Submissions for the Angels in Action Monetary Grant and the Angels in Action Product Donation Grant may only be made once per calendar year for any one organization. Any additional submissions during that same calendar year will not be reviewed and will automatically be declined by the Arbonne Charitable Foundation.
- Final Report from Organizations. A year-end report is required from each grant recipient specifying how the grant was utilized. Any grant recipient that fails to provide such report will be ineligible to receive subsequent donations or grants from the Arbonne Charitable Foundation. The year-end report will be provided to each grant recipient upon receipt of the grant.
*All reviewed applicants will be notified with an electronic determination notification during the period outlined in each grant cycle.
Questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org